Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Un cambio más muerde el polvo

Buenas tardes, mi querida familia, amigos, y desconocidos!

Well, as always, there is very little to say and too much time...Strike that, reverse it. I have to admit, I was foolish and spent some precious moments translating Lord Make Us a Holy People into Spanish. There are a few frases that don't work too well, but over all it came out beautifully! Thank you, VelDean for extending that chain of revelation towards me, because your experiences and the words of that hymn touched my heart.

Mother dearest, mother mine, heck yeah I would LOVE to write a book with a famous author! And I really appreciate the challange too, because lately I have been failing a little bit in keeping up with my journal, something I will regret in the future, so this will be good motivation to my writing more of a priority. By the way, reading your contract made my tear up a little, which may be the first and the last time in my life that legal papers will have that effect on me. I really am so so so happy for you, and so excited, even astonished at what's happening and what's going to happen. Too much to take in really. And I'm glad that I'll be in the states at least for the release of the second book!

Dad, indeed we are entering fall here, it's starting to get a little colder, and the rain is becoming more frequent... I like the cold, but the rain I'm not too excited for. Things are good for the most part with my companion. I admit, my patience is being tried every day in one way or another, and it's starting to become more aparent that he indeed has only 18 years. But it's a learning experience, and I'm trying to learn, little by little. I'm certainly not the perfect companion/trainer/misionary, but hopefully by the end of our time I'll have become a better one.

I'm glad my letter last week was enjoyed by so many. I had a good time writing it, and a good time reading it at times throughout the week to remind me to remind myself to be astonished. There really are so many blessings to be enjoyed in this world en every moment.

Our investigators are progressing very very well. We had 7 people in the church yesterday, a new record for me! So we really super thrilled about that. It looks like this month we might have two more baptisms as well, if everything goes alright.

Well, I have to go. Sorry this letter wasn't as cool as the last one. Oposition in all things! Without lame letters, nobody would appreciate the good ones!

I will leave sharing my testimony again with you all that I know that Christ lives. He loves us more than we can imagine. He is kind, He is gentle, He is perfect, and He is our friend. We can always confide in Him, for as Moroni said, he is the author and finisher of our faith. I know this is His Church, and the only one that provides the door by which we may enter into the strait and narrow path. May God make us all a holy people, a covenant people, and may we all one day return to live again in His presence.

I love you all, familia and friends. You are a light in my world.

Until next week,
Elder Wilcox


three generations of Carahuinos
Enjoying the Irish Fiesta ¡Arrrrrriba!
I ate them all that night. The next morning, felt fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment