Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Another Tough Week

Dearest family and friends,

So this week has been a little rough. Nothing in particular has happened, only that we didn't have a lot of time to work due to various things that came up throughout the week, and we finished off the week with a feeling that we had definitely not taken good care of our sector, and our numbers reflected the same, which led to a concerned, yet humbling discussion with our zone leaders. It's definitely time to step up to the plate. I've got two weeks left in Carahue (perhaps), and I want to leave on a high note, knowing that I did my absolute best. The good news is that we are thoroughly pumped for this week and yesterday we started off on a really good foot, so now it's keeping that momentum going all week.

Marco is doing well. Of course, he still needs a lot of support in this journey, but we keep working with him.

Karol is not doing so well. Yesterday she miraculously showed up to church after saying that she wasn't going to be able to make it, so we were super excited. But then we had a lesson in the evening and she's basically given up hope, lost faith, and said she doesn't want to continue anymore. This is about the third time now that she has about given up. But every time she (without us doing anything) starts again. So hopefully that will be the case. But whatever happens, I am positive that we planted the seed and did everything that was within our power to help her. So one day, whether it's us or other missionaries, she will accept the gospel and enter into the fold. The Lord knows his sheep. I've heard stories of people that met with missionaries for years and years and finally got baptised. Sometimes it just takes more time. It's sad, but we are very grateful for being a part of her journey and having had some many incredible lessons with her. We're going to keep stopping by for her sister and mom, so we'll see what happens.

I apologize that I don't have much to share this week. And I apologize for often not saying much in regards to your lives and the things that are going on over there. Please know that I read every word and I love love love your letters.


Mom - I can't tell you how excited I am for you and that your going to publish the *dang* book. Thank you also for the wonderful lesson from 1 Nephi. I had never payed attention to those details before. Your words are always an inspiration to me. I love you, Mom
Dad - I am so so proud of you for your new calling. I know that if you put your trust in God and work your hardest, that he'll take care of the rest, so don't worry. I hope that through this calling you will be able to bless the lives of many people who need your service and your abilities, and that it will bless your life as well as you gain experience from your successes and perhaps at times failures. You are a great example to me Dad, and I know you'll do just fine. I have a testimony that callings are given by inspiration through our leaders and are the will of the Lord. He qualifies who he calls, not the other way around. I love you
Sisters - Thank you for the pictures! Your children are fantastic and make me smile so much. I love families. I know your lives are extremely busy, so thank you for taking time to write me. Your letters mean a lot. Ashely! You done learned Italian yet?


chilling in a parking garage after a feast of pizza hut with the zone today.


We organized a football game against Nueva Imperial saturday to support the young men. this was team Carahue. hopefully in the future we can do it again and get more participation.
Whipping up some french fries in the house. Really i don't understand why I've gained weight when I eat so so healthily.
Freezing during personal study in the morning.
A cool pic from the street that leads to our apartment
At the church for cleaning with Fernanda (and others)
A beautiful vista looking towards the Río Quillem on the south side of Carahue
Marco gets baptised!
 At the bowling alley with the zone.
 We had to do it.
 Part of the absolutely gorgeous scenery heading towards Puerto Saavedra
 In Pto. looking over the ocean.
 Sunrise over Ville Entre Lomas in Carahue.



No comments:

Post a Comment