Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A New Era


Well well well here we are again, another week down, and yes another week closer to the one year mark in the mission. Not that I'm counting, but it really is weird how fast the time flies, and yet it seems life time since I began. I'm truly excited for what's happening in the mission these days. We're seeing a lot of changes in the administration of things, and new focuses as we continue to try and adapt to the present needs of the mission and the missionaries. We're prepared for big things, and I really believe that soon we're going to see great things happen. There are going to be more baptisms, more worthy sincere converts, who will then remain active and steadfast in the faith. I'm excited, and hopefull.

And impressed, by the wisdom of those the Lord has called to guide His church in these latter days. As I continue to serve in the mission and in positions of leadership, I continue to learn and apreciate what it takes to be a leader in the Lord's service, and have a greater respect for the sacrifices that so many people make every day because of their testimony of the truth. I always want to be willing and worthy to serve in whatever capacity the Lord calls me to in the future, and I want to be able to give Him all that I am, to love Him more than these (John 21). Today we had a wonderful oportunity to receive instruction from the new Area President, Elder Arnold, who gave a training meeting with the leaders from both the Concepción and Concepción Sur missions. I won't go into details, but it was astounding, and the power and authority (and above all, love) of that man was a testimony to me of the inspired nature of this Church, and the involvmente of the Lord in it.

We're doing well now here in Lota with my companion. Things aren't perfect, but we're both learning, and I think it's been a great experience for both of us so far. We've learned to manage our pride more and put ourselves in each others shoes. I'm grateful for all of the support and advice from everyone who wrote me this week. Thank you, mom, for your words of wisdom, and Jennifer for sharing your experiences. I'm grateful for my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, to know that all of these things happen for a purpose, and it is for our good. Christ commanded us to be perfect, even as our Father in Heaven is perfect, and it's a pleasure to know that He's on my side in that endeavour, and that here on Earth, we're all in this together.

The work is going well here in Lota, there's a lot to do, and day by day we're finding more people to teach, which is exciting, because I love being booked all day. We have a baptism coming up for a young mom named Yasna and potentially her son, her cousin, and her cousin's son. It won't all be on the same day probably, but we're working on it, and they're progressing a lot. It'll be the first baptism in a while here in Lota from what I understand, so we're pretty excited, and we're trying to help the members be excited too. They're kind of asleep right now, but we have wondeful leaders who are working hard to help them wake up.

Well, that's all I have time for this week. Thank you all for writing me. I always love to hear from every one of you and am grateful for who you are. Have a fantastic week, and always fight the good fight, for Christ is on our side!

Elder Wilcox

P.S. Thank you, Mom, for sending the package! I haven't received it yet, but surely will next tuesday, as we have mission conference in Concepción.

Beach adventures last P-Day in Playa Blanca

 The universal baptism symbol, appropriately pointing to the ocean.
With Elder Phelps! Oh yeah I never told you! He's the new companion of Elder Zúñiga, who also lives in our house, so once again I'm together with my first ever mission companion
 Special shout-out to a special person.
With Elder Ramirez, who also got transfered up here to Coronel a few weeks ago. He's in Arauco about an hour away from Lota, so it's pretty cool getting to see him a bunch again
This is Umberto the crab, he was a smelly crab (in the Lota market, which goes on every day, and it's awesome)




No comments:

Post a Comment