Monday, March 18, 2013

Mountains to Climb

Great song that the church put out for the youth. Look it up.

Jenn, I know what you mean don't worry. That's great that you've got a renewed sense of missionary work but as a member missionary. I think that's truly the challenge for us all. It's easy to talk about the gospel in church clothes and a name tag on. But it's another to be able to talk about the gospel just as calmly and sincerely as we talk about any other topic. Keep up the good work both of you. Thanks for what you're doing for that awesome branch that I went to once that I would love to visit again someday...especially if they're doing one of those feasts...

Mom: Yeah I think we can get it all in in three days. In car all my sectors are actually fairly close with the exception of Carahue. In a few months I'll try and think of an itinerary for you. But I also wanted to mention something else I've been thinking about. Since I'm not going to be able to get home in time to start school anyway, I'm not terribly excited to just be in the house, so I was thinking about the possibility of extending my mission, if President gives me permision to do it. If so, it would only be by one month, which would put my release date to October 10th. Would that really mess up your plans to come down and pick me up? What are your thoughts? If it's okay with you both, I'd love to do it.

I haven't gotten the package yet, but I'm sure it'll get to me soon. Thanks for sending one!

This week was pretty good. We've been struggling a little bit with investigadores but having success with the less active families. We had three attend church yesterday, and many of them are very nicely re-integrating themselves into the ward, so we're very pleased with that. A highlight of my week was being able to perform the baptism of Camila, a convert from the other ward, Las Americas. I did her baptismal interview and, although I tried to give her some ideas of people from her ward that could do the baptism, she asked me to do it, and I happily accepted. She has a pretty cool story, and has changed a lot over the last few months. The first time I met her, she was kind of a quiet, emo dressed girl that looked like she was not with the best friends. Now, she comes to church and happily participates in all the classes and has a new glow about her. The Gospel changes people!

That's about all I can say today, as we've got to get a report turned in and time is short. I hope you all have a great week! I love you all very much.

Sincerely,
Elder Wilcox



No comments:

Post a Comment