Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Oh Pueblecito de Peachtree City

How wonderful to hear that the Wilcox family legend lives on, and more stories are written everyday in the Felsted and Shannon family as well. I agree 100 percent that the celestial kingdom is made up of families and focused on families. I love my family. And I share them with everyone. Everywhere I go I carry a foto of all of us a few years back at callaway gardens in my scriptures, and I try to show it to all our investigators so they know that we're normal people with lives, and that our family's happy because of the Gospel we're sharing.

Basically, I love my family!

And can't wait to see you.

Which day will actually be earlier than I announced. Sheesh...sorry to change things YET again. When President told me I could extend, he said it would be until the 10th, and then in the office I talked to the secretary and she said it would be until the 21st, one month from my entrance date, and even changed it officially in the system. But then I got a call like last tuesday from her saying that president had advised her that it could only be 30 days, no more, so it will be the 10th. And that is OFFICIAL. The 10th. Haha sorry to keep you on your toes, I've tried to get it resolved as quick as possible. But yeah, don't worry. This is definitive now. Tuesday, the 10th of october.

Anyhoo,
Life's good here in Boca with Elder Hamilton. He's a great comp that's teaching me a lot about humility, cooking, and martial arts, and we're working really hard together. The days are short because we're busy, and as the last hour draws close, we get bummed out because we have to head home and can't keep working. It's a great feeling to dedicate yourself 100 percent to the Lord.

We're still working on finding new people to help progress, but we've seen some miracles.

Lesson for the week: We can make covenants with God. He's always willing to bless us with what is righteous, but he waits for us to show our faith. So we can covenant with him, and promise to do our part, and he will always keep his side. We just have to make sure it's a worthy wish, and work hard to show the Lord we take his work seriously.

Last night, we really wanted to find some new investigadores, and fulfill our challenge to the zone to contact 50 men during the week. So the day was closing, and we were running out of time, and still needed to contact 4 more men. So we stopped where we were, said a prayer, and made a covenant with God. We promised that we would get those 4 contacts more before entering the house, and we pleaded that in return for our act of faith and diligence, that God would bless us with a family to teach. Well, we felt the Spirit confirm that the promise was made, and we went to work. The first three contacts were not very good, and we were already within our apartment complex. We decided to knock on one more door, and sure enough, a lady named Debora answered and let us in immediately. She listened very intently as we explained our purpose, and told us the need she and especially her young son had of making God a bigger part of their family life. The Spirit was there, and we scheduled a followup visit for thursday. We entered the house grateful that God hears and answers the righteous desires of our heart with a blessing upon us.

This is his work, and I love being part of it. God is good, and want's us to just trust him more than ourselves, and he'll do his work far better than we ever could.

I love you all and hope you have a great week! Bye!

-Elder Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment