Monday, May 6, 2013

Life's hard, get a helmet

This week was kind of a wild ride, and very stressful. We were in a trio this week, as Elder Torres had left last sunday, so we had to try and cover two rather large sectors with only one companionship. So I got as much walking done as I want to do for the next few months. But the good part is I could get to know better the other Elders' sector and their investigators.
It was a stressful week because, although we were in a trio, I was still technically alone as zone leader and as representative of my sector, so a grand part of my planning and study and zone work hours were spent alone. I felt a tremendous responsability upon my shoulders and felt, in a way, like a single parent, and realized just how hard it must be for those people to play mom and dad at the same time.

It was a good experience and a great challenge, but let's just say I'm ready to have a companion again to split the workload with.

In addition to all that, I continue to feel overwhelmed and nervous about real life. I've decided definitively that I will be coming home either on the 10th like normal or a little after if I can extend. But that depends on how the interview with President goes on the 13th. I keep you posted. But with respect to school, I feel awful and lost still. I've fasted and prayed, but my answer still has not come. To top it all off, I got a nice little letter today from the MDT department at BYU with a "we can't wait to work with you this fall" note and a bunch of greetings from the current students participating in the program. "Ross, although I don't know you yet, I can't wait to meet you. Thanks for serving a mission, see you in the best major ever!" etc. It made me feel sick. I felt like an eternal investigator when the missionaries pressure him to be baptised and he does not want to commit!
Well, that's a whole story for this weekend.


On the bright side of life and the Lord's work, Marta and Constanza continue to progress, and Constanza was confirmed yesterday in church since she couldn't come the last sunday. So we're really happy for them. They even fasted this last weekend! And they were planning on it anyway, even before we reminded them.

My new comp will be Elder Hamilton from California. I know him a while back while I was in Lota, and he's a great Elder. I tell you more about him next week.

Skype! This weekend on Sunday, I will be able to talk to all you lovely people. I have no clue of the hour yet because we haven't arranged it with the members yet, but I'll try to let you know as soon as possible. It will most likely be like 4 or 5 in the afternoon my time. Can't wait!

And until then, I will leave you now. Thank you for all your love and support. Can't I just be a missionary for the rest of my life? Sheesh...Well this is the Lord's work and I love bringing souls unto Him. Have a blessed week!

Love,
Elder Ross Carl Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment