Monday, October 29, 2012

Trick or snap it broke, I don't beleive it...

Well, it's halloween time here in Los Angeles and the Evangelicals couldn't be more scared. Thankfully Los Angeles happens to be more Catholic influenced, and the anti-day-of-the-dead-don't-celebrate-halloween-or-the-devil-is-your-master signs aren't as common. I'd love to see Lota this time of year. But Elder Badger (who is also familiar with Jerry Seinfeld comedy) and I have enjoyed a good laugh or two about some of Jerry's best trick-or-treating jokes. This year however, it will be trick-or-preach as halloween is barely recognized here and Wednesday will bring it's own living souls to save.

So we keep a working. It's gone very well here, and thankfully the field is white and there's lots to do. So the days are long and the weeks are short and that's just how I like it. I don't remember if I mentioned in the last email, but we're currently teaching two families right now, and one came to church yesterday so we're progressing very well with them. The other is presenting a few more problems but we're still hopeful that this week will prove the difference.

I'm glad to hear all is well on the home front. And by that I mean, frustration and patience-testing trials, over-packed schedules, Frankenstorms (love the name), head-to-head political battles, and a demanding publisher. I hope all turns out okay and that in the midst of the storms of life (real or simbolical), Christ's love keeps you going with faith and hope. Yes, things will turn out alright, they always do, if we have an eternal perspective.

Unfortunately there's not a lot of time this week to write. I had a backed up inbox with letters from the Asistents and other tasks and now it's time to go. I'm grateful for all your letters and for your examples. I love you family (and friends) and I pray for you always.

Anna, where are you? Are you alive? I miss hearing from you and hope all is well in Cougar-land. I still have a letter waiting to send you but don't have your address! Hope to hear from you next week.

Until next week, have a wonderful week, and I'll let you know how our mission conference with a General Authority went and how cool the halloween package is!

Much love,
Elder Wilcox




No comments:

Post a Comment