Tuesday, December 4, 2012

On the 3rd Day of Christmas


it's P-Day. Today was lots of fun. We left early to head to el Salto del Laja, a beautiful waterfall in the Laja River close to Los Angeles. We spent a few hours there and I bought a few cool souveniers to try to send home tomorrow in a package. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully it's not too expensive, and if I can get it sent, hopefully it doesn't arrive in february. But I belive in Christmas miracles.

Great to hear the Red Hat conference is going to be good. I hope you get tons of publiblicity out of it, Mom.

This week was kind of rough. Generally it's like that. If there's a great week, the next one is not so great. We had such a hard time planning lessons to be able to teach our progressing investigadores, Luis, Camilo, Lidia, and Vanesa. They've still got baptismal goals for the end of the month, and we were able to talk to them a little bit at church yesterday about the importance of punctuality and not missing appointments, and they understood so hopefully this week will be better. We're still trying hard to get references and help the members do missionary work, but it's been difficult. It's a principle so basic and obvious, that missionary work is better with the help of the members, but it's not going to be easy changing the mentality of all the saints of Chile in just one or two transfers. A lot of them think that sharing the Gospel is the missionary's job, and going to church is the member's job. (Not making a blanket statement. There are some wonderful members who are helping a lot), but we've got a lot of work to do. If anybody has any creative or simple ideas about how to help the members do missionary work, they would be more than welcome.

So we're on a good path, and a lot has changed already, but there's definitely a lot more work to do. Other than that, I'm happy as a clam. Trials are hard, but helpful, and I'm confident about the investigators we have which is good. Luis is a remarkably changed man. He's given up alcohol 110 percent and is so excited for his baptism. Yesterday, he explained to us perfectly the Restoration and said he wanted to try and read the whole Book of Mormon before his baptism on the 15th. Elder Badger and I are just beside ourselves. Luis is a Christmas miracle for sure, and it's awesome to be part of his life and conversion to Christ.

Getting excited for the Skype on Christmas! It's going to be fun. I am indeed going to be with Elder Badger again, at least until the middle of January, and I'm really happy about that. We get along well and work great together.

Sorry Mom that I never mentioned what I wanted for Christmas. It kept slipping my mind, and honestly I'm fine with whatever. Some socks or ties might be nice, but that's it. I'm always happy with whatever package I receive.

Well, time's up this week. I hope you all are having a wonderful time preparing for Christmas and that the Spirit of Christ is lighting your lives in this special season. Tell my friends to write me before the year ends. I wanna know what's happening in their lives! Are you still alive??

Corey, that foto I sent a while back with me holding a bag of haribo gummy bears was for you. I found it in this store called Jumbo and thought of you. Hope you're well.
Austin, how's the comedy biz going? Have you figured out what you're doing with your life yet haha? If so, then you're way ahead of me...

Anna, great to hear from you!! Hope you get your letter soon. I'll be sending out another christmas one very soon as well. Good luck on your exams!

And to all, a good night.

Love,
Elder Wilcox
















No comments:

Post a Comment