Monday, April 22, 2013

The BoM

is the bomb.

And it explodes in the hearts of people unto testimony and conversion.

This weekend Marta and her daughter, Constanza will be baptised, but I want to share a specific experience about Constanza.

The other day, while we were teaching her, the member that was accompaning us shared her testimony about her own conversion to the gospel about a year ago. This inspired Constanza to share some things with us she had never told us. She said that at first, when we started visiting her, she really more than anything just thought we were handsome, and had no interest in learning much. But she said, little by little as her mom (Marta) began sharing her own experiences with her, she began to take interest. Before awhile, Constanza started listening to us with real intent, wanting to know if what we teach is true, because she had been looking for the truth. She said one day, reading the Book of Mormon, she read a passage (in Alma, about the Spirit world), that she said struck her heart very powerfully, and in that moment she realized that this isn't just any book. She began to read more, and now is addicted to it. She said she brings it with her on the bus on the way to college and people look at her funny because she reads with such enthusiasm. She said she couldn't stop thinking about it, which is weird for her, because she doesn't usually like to read very much.

Man...I wish I had the words to describe how this lesson was, but I just can't seem to explain it. Basically, Constanza went off for like 10 minutes basically telling us the whole story of her own conversion, and she hasn't even been baptised yet! I know she and her mom are going to be wonderful converts. They remind me both very much of Andrea, from Carahue. I'm so grateful for the power of the spirit in converting our hearts. Constanza said that now she's doing things she never did before. She prays, she reads, she has a different outlook on life. And I'm grateful for the power of the Book of Mormon, which is in reality a testament of Jesus Christ. I know it's true. I've seen it change lives, including my own. I have no doubt that this Gospel is true. Being a missioary is awesome.

Sorry I couldn't describe more beatifully the beauty of that lesson, but you get the idea.

And we press on this week. There is much to do.

Just a few things:
Dad, President Martínez has worked for the church his whole life practically. He was in the department of seminaries and institutes of religion.

Mom, Thank you SO MUCH for the boxes! I finally got them both (and yes, I got the shirt box way back when as well, and am enjoying very much the new shirts). Elder Torres says thanks as well for the easter basket, and Elder Bonnett...well doesn't know haha. 

I really wish I could give you an exact date but I really just don't know yet. I tried asking president in the Conference, but he was really busy and told me to bring it up during interviews in a few weeks. I'm going to try and stop by the office right now and talk to the office peeps to see what's up, and call president on the phone if needs be. I'm so confused now about everything. Because I'm realizing that the fall semester starts the 3rd of September, so if I could get released like one or two weeks early, I could start school immediately, which would be fantastic, but then again, I don't even know if I want to do Music Dance Theater anymore, and have no idea what I'd study this year....yikes...I feel pretty lost. Maybe it's just easier to extend and have time at home to mull it over. Regardless, I will try to let you know the date definitively next monday. Let me know what you think about everything too.

Well, That's all for this week. Thanks for your letters. I love you all very much and am always grateful for everything you do and love hearing from you. Have an astonishing week!

Love,
Elder Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment