Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Story Unfolds

As this week I am without companion...well kind of. We live in a house with four missionaries, but this past weekend my companion, Elder Torres, was assigned to the office, leaving me in a trio with the other two to cover both sectors at the same time until my new comp arrives on the 7th. I feel really strange leading the zone alone right now, and I feel a very large wait upon my shoulders, so I'm excited for the new Elder to come. However, it has helped me step up and take charge of the sector, and feel more responsability for the zone, as last transfer I was new to it and was still learning. So it'll help prepare me for this next transfer.

The baptism this last weekend was incredible. Marta and Constanza are so awesome, and Marta reminds me so much of Andrea from Carahue. They've progressed incredibly and they were really happy this weekend. Marta told us that when we gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday, she felt like are hands were hot on her head, and she felt a heat go through her whole body, and when we finished the prayer, she was crying. She truly understood that it was a baptism by fire, even by the Holy Ghost. It reminded me of my own baptism and confirmation. I remember crying as well when I was given this unspeakable gift, and although I didn't understand all things at that age, I do remember feeling very strongly that God was pleased with what I was doing, and that He loved me.
Bryan baptised his brother, and on Sunday also blessed the sacrament and gave the opening prayer in sacrament meeting. So he and his family and coming strongly back to church.
These experiences of late have strengthed my testimony that God knows and loves His children and knows what we need to be happy. I know without a doubt that this is His true church upon the Earth today, the only Gospel on Earth that gives us access to the Atonement of Christ so that we may be cleansed of our sins through repentance and baptism.

What a blessing it is to be a missionary and show people the way into the Kingdom of God.

A quick spiritual thought.
The parable of the talents in Matthew 25 has marked me this week. Give it a read through. I believe that the Lord does not care how much ability we have, only what we do with the ability that he has given us. We don't have to be the most intelligent, the most skilled, or the most spiritual even, we just have to try. If we work hard, that's enough for him. The two first servants who went and magnified their talents were received into the presense of the Lord. It's interesting that the entrance fee for both of them was different (10 talents versus 4 talents) but the prize was exactly the same: the joy of the Lord. In the end, the servants did not receive their blessings by how many talents they had, because those always belonged to the Lord in the first place.

I'm out of time for the week, as we had a conference today and council yesterday so we've gotta keep working, but I congratulate you mom on your wonderful presentation. The pictures are pretty incredible, and I'm really proud of you. You are an example to me. Dad, thank you for your council. The mission has helped me have a perspective less selfish of life, and I know now that the most important thing is being able to form and provide for a family. I never understood that before and didn't really appreciate everything you do for us. But know I realize just how much you have given to support us and give us so many opportunities, and I'm grateful for the wonderful father you are and have been. Thanks, Dad. I'm gonna pray and fast and figure it out.

Jenn and mom, due to the shortage of time, I'm taking your emails home to read tonight.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Sincerely,
Elder Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment