Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I'm Jealous

of all your clever email subjects. After the mission, I'll surely be more creative.

Thank you for your wonderful letters. Love the stories and the pictures. I'm feeling more calm now about everything. Just trying to stay as focused as posible while I try to make some plans for your arrival. I don't have anything set in stone yet, but I have advised most of the people I want to visit that we'll be there that saturday or sunday.

The most exciting news of the week is the baptism and confirmation of Elisa. It turned out really really well, the whole service went smoothly, and Elisa looked really happy. Unfortunately, her parents weren't very much in agreement with her decision, and did not come to the service nor to church to see the confirmation, but we have hope that they will come to understand soon.

In the mean time we're really happy for Elisa and this important step she has taken towards Christ.

The weather's getting really beautiful here. It rains every now and then but nothing like before. You're really going to enjoy it. You picked a good time to come out.

You don't need any kind of voltage converter, as one might suspect, because 99 percent of all devices now support duel voltage. You only need a small piece to change the plug. It looks like two tubular prongs. You can probably see what I'm talking about online. Hmmm...tips... Let me think. I don't know, just typical foreign country travel stuff. Keep your wallet in a safe place, etc. Chile's pretty modern, so there's not much you'll need that you won't be able to find here. Be prepared for really expensive gas... like almost double the price...and perhaps you can buy a simple prepaid phone or something. I don't know what you did in France, or if phone rates are expensive..  just a thought.

Haha I know that wasn't of much help. If I think of anything important I'll let you know.

We've got to be going now, but looking forward very much to seeing you!

Much love from Chile,
Elder Wilcox

We went to Volcano Llaima today with the whole zone. It was a blast, and I have a lot more photos, but I might as well just show you in three weeks.



















No comments:

Post a Comment