Monday, September 30, 2013

The Last Decision

That sounds familiar... That's what this week is for me. This is my last full week of missionary service in a specific area, although I will still happily be a missionary until 6:30pm on the 18th.

Every week, every day, every moment is a decision. We constantly choose things, wherein we learn how to exercise our agency. This last week, I make my decision to follow Christ and work as hard as I can. There is nothing sweeter than being made an instrument in His hands, through righteousness and diligence.

We had ZL/DL Council today, so I'm bummed I can't spend more time to write a nice second-to-last letter, cause we have to go get on a bus to Temuco (we're in Concepción). It is what it is.

Gosh...I don't know what to say. My head is full of a lot of thoughts. The mission is the MTC of life, and I feel like my real mission is about to begin. The feeling is very similar to when I left the MTC in Provo, only much more intense.

I inform you that on the 10th, when you get in, President Martínez will be in Temuco doing interviews, so I don't exactly know yet when you'll be able to meet him. But I have my final interview with him this thursday, so I'm going to ask him how we can work it out, and I'll let you know.

Could you send me a revised/finalized version of the itinerary? I'm still trying to make some final decisions about where to go and when while you're here, but I have a general outline.

I think on saturday we'll stop by Lota for a little bit, and finish that night in San Pedro. Don't know where to stay the first day yet. Then, late that night, or early the next morning, we'll drive to Temuco to attend church in Padre Las Casas. Finally, we'll finish in Carahue, and stay the night in Puerto Saavedra with some members there. I might switch the order of days however, and go to church elsewhere, it all depends on specific people's availability. But I'll have it all worked out by the time you get here.

Looking forward to it all! Your arrival, the trip, life, eternal life...it's all ahead of me.

I finish with Alma 26: 2-3
2 And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us?Can ye tell?

 3 Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, werein darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, howamany of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God!And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, thatwe have been made binstruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.

Indeed, it is a great and marvelous work.

Much love,

Elder Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment