Monday, July 22, 2013

Many Questions, Many Answers

Mi querida familia y estimados amigos,

Thank you for your correspondance. I enjoy greatly hearing about your daily lives, and calculating a little bit of what I hope my life will be like after the mission. So you serve as examples to me of how to live. Thank you for your diligence and faith.

And thank you, Mom, for having been a travel agent in another life! Or perhaps for having watched Inception too much. A flight within a flight within a flight... I am impressed. And who knows? Maybe we'll find someone who wants to go to Peru in November and not come back. There's got to be somebody... Haha but in all seriousness, thank you for doing all that. The plans look great. It'll be a little tricky visiting old sectors, but I'll try to organize it as efficiently as posible.

Haha Dad, the other day I was actually thinking...I'm in a new sector. I need to give Dad the scoop again. So here it goes:

I'm in the city of Padre Las Casas, on the southside of Temuco. The ward is called Maquehue because it's on Maquehue street with Mac-Iver. Right on the corner. We live in Los Quilantos 1475. If you look for Los Quilantos with Corvalán, you'll find some apartments on the south side of Corvalán we live in the southeast one. Block F. We're on the first floor. There are two stakes in Temuco, Temuco Cautín (ours) and Temuco Ñielol. The stake of Cautín is actually divided into two missionary zones, so unfortunately we don't have Carahue as part of our zone, like it was a year ago. We have Maquehue ward (4 Elders and 4 sisters). It's a big ward where between 140-160 attend. We also have Llaima ward (named for the volcano close by. 4 sisters), the Cautín ward (2 Elders and 2 sisters), and the Cunco branch (2 elders).

What else... our sector (since Padre Las Casas is divided between the elders and sisters), is everything from the Santa Isabel (a grocery store) downwards. That is, Aillacara street downwards.

Umm...I think that's about it. My companion, Elder Hanes is from Idaho. He graduated from High school and left on the mission. He's 20. He's 6 feet 8 inches tall so he towers over everything and everyone. He's a nice guy that reminds me a lot of Sterling actually, in his sense of humor. He's got a little more than a month less that I do in the mission, so he'll be finishing in October as well. We live with two other elders, Elder Valle from Peru, and Elder Valenzuela from Chile.

The camoflauge suits were from my last P-Day in San Pedro. We went to Lota to play paintball with the zone, and it was a blast. I sent a bunch of pictures to Mom, I don't know if she got them..?

That's all!

We're still working hard trying to find a lot of new investigators, and we've had some success. Still working with Rocío and her son, Joaquín too. I think I mentioned them last week... Well Rocío finished the Book of Mormon is pretty much everything you could ever want in an investigator. The only problem is her mom doesn't let her go to church every Sunday for a few reasons. But she'll definitely be getting baptized in August and we have faith that we'll be able to help her mom too.

And that's it for this week, as we are short on time! I love you all, family dear, we'll see you before the new year!

Much love,
Elder Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment