Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Missionary Attitude

Is what our family has, and I love it. So, I'll start with first things first...

ASHLEY, ¡vai para o Brasil! Estou tão animado para você! Nunca me imaginé que irías tan lejos de la casa, mucho menos al querido Brasil! Genial! Not that your mission language is Spanish, but whatever, it's similar. Seriously, though, Ashley that is SO AWESOME. I'm very happy for you and and thrilled that we'll be able to see each other before you go. You're going to be a great misionary.

This week was good. The work is moving forward in the ward and everybody's getting more and more excited about participating in the work of salvation.

Constanza, the daughter of a less active family we were working with, was baptised this last saturday. It was a great service, and a lot of nonmembers came which was cool. The stake president was there too, and his son performed the ordenance, since their related to Constanza and her mom somehow.

Brother Frederick (an ex bishopric councelor and less active for 10 years) came to church for the third time this week with his wife, and even cut his hair (it was very long and unkempt before). We're really grateful for him and his decision to come back. Now we're working on his children to help them follow. They're a great family with sincere testimonies, and we're really thrilled with their progress.

That's about it for right now. We had Zone Leader council yesterday and a mission conference today, so there's not much time to write. I'm glad the family's doing good and once again, SO EXCITED for you Ashley and for what lies ahead of you.


I love you, family. You're the best family ever, and my photo of you continues to help a lot of other families have the vision of what they can achieve through the Gospel. You rock!

Much love,
Elder Wilcox

P.S. Luckily it hasn't been too terribly cold here, but being Concepción, it has been quite rainy. In any case, with some lock down on dress code, my cool jacket I bought last year is officially outlawed, meaning I need to buy a more formal coat very soon. I don't intend to spend much money, as I won't be using it for very much longer, but I want to be obedient. So just a head's up. Next monday, or the one after, I'll probably be buying a coat around 40-60 dollars if I can. Good thing is clothes are cheap in Chile.

Also, what are the details on my return? Are you still going to be able to pick me up? What's the itinerary look like? I need to know very soon to be able to advise the mission of my travel plans.

Thanks! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment