Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Race Continues

Buenas tards, querida familia.

Man...that's pretty lousy to hear about the rainy 4th of July. Perhaps it will make you feel better to know that down here in Chile we celebrated in our own way with Choripanes (Chilean Sausage with bread) and a delicious key-lime pie-like dessert that Elder Contreras made. It was a simple but enjoyable celebration.

The works going great in Boca 2nd ward. I love working in this new plan that is Operation Alma. It gives us the chance as four missionaries to work for the same purpose in the same ward. Not as two completely separate and distinct sectors. There's no pride, no jealousy, we work together and rejoice in each other's success. Through many exchanges that we do every week, we all 4 end up getting to know all the investigators and less active members that we're working with. This is a unique oportunity, because it gives every one of the 4 missionaries to help in the teaching of these people and receive revelation to know how to help them. So it makes the work more secure, and the people benefit from being taught by four different missionaries.

This sunday we had 9 investigadores in church, including two families, plus 11 less active members, also including 2 families. It was a great success that we owe completely to Heavenly Father. Right now we have 6 people that are preparing for baptism, 5 for this month. Please keep in your prayers Victor and Cynthia, Debora and Tomas, and especially Irma, who's closest to baptism, her date being for the 20th.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about what the schedule will be like on my bye bye date. Typically on normal release dates, the day before is spent in the office, where the missionary fills out a bunch of stuff and has his interview with President, etc. There's usually a lunch with President in his house, a small devotional, dinner with president, and off to the holiday by the airport for the night. The next morning, early, on the actually release date, the missionary boards the plane.

However....I'm the only one, so I have no idea how it will be. I will try to acquire some more information and send an email off tomorrow or wednesday to let you know.

I noticed there's a layover in Santiago. I don't know if this would be possible at all, but typically all missionaries that go home are given the opportunity to go through the Santiago temple before heading on the final flight home...If it's possible, I would love to be able to enter the temple of my mission country before going home. If not possible, I understand, but that's just something that came to my mind.

Thank you for all your preparation and help in this process. I know it's quite complicated right now, but it will all come our right. I'm grateful, family, for your endless love and support and wish you the best of weeks.

I leave you with this scripture that impacted me this week.
Acts 27:23  "For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,"

In the darkest and longest nights of our lives, we are never alone. There will always be another sunrise, and until then, God will send his angels to lift us up and sustain us.

Much love,
Elder Wilcox















No comments:

Post a Comment